This is the textbook for the Prince George's Community College course BMK-2730: Retail Business Management.
The course covers the basic retailing principles as found in the American business system. The student will learn the types of retail businesses, retail buying, selling, advertising and merchandising. The course will also examine the implications of the evolution of e-retailing as it affects how consumers make purchase decisions.
1. Distinguish among the various types of retail establishments and cyber-stores.
2. Interrelate the six stages of the consumer buying process.
3. Examine how marketing strategy relates specifically to retailing.
4. Assess the scope, organization, and operation of retail businesses.
5. Relate the components of buying, selling, advertising, and merchandising in retailing.