- Bryan Fuller
- Environmental Science, Biology, Ecology
- Material Type:
- Activity/Lab, Data Set
- Community College / Lower Division
- Creative Commons Attribution
- Media Formats:
- Downloadable docs
Spotting the Sika Deer.gdb
Spotting the Sika in Maryland with GIS Activity Instructors Guide
Spotting the Sika Deer in Maryland with GIS
This activity will take students through the steps of visualizing and intepreting the distribution and spread of hte Sika Deer in Maryland using GIS with the ArcMap software application.
Spotting the Sika Deer in Maryland Instructors' Guide
The Sika Deer was introduced to Maryland in 1916 and has become a well-established species on the Eastern Shore. This activity will lead students through the steps of visualizing the distribution fo the Sika Deer and tracking its movement over time uing GIS with the ArcMap software application.
This documents contains the instructors guide to the "Spotting the Sika Deer In Maryland" activity.
- Infromation about the scpoe and content fo the activity
- Directiosn for using the Data Preparation Module and Activity Module
- Recommended readings
- Activity Questions
Spotting the Sika Deer in Maryland Activity
This Section contains the Spotting the Sika Deer Activity for ArcMap instructions for students and the geodatabase.
Students will earn how to :
- Visualize the distrivution fo the Sika Deer
- Interpret the spread of the Sika Deer over time.