- Bryan Fuller, MARTIN NDEGWA
- Geography, Social Science
- Material Type:
- Activity/Lab, Data Set
- Community College / Lower Division, Graduate / Professional
- Creative Commons Attribution
- Media Formats:
- Downloadable docs
Dissimilarity Index Activity Instructor's Guide
Exploring the Disimilarity Index with GIS for ArcMap COMPLETE
GIS Project Preparation Module for ArcMap for use with the MOERMI GIS Activities Collection
Exploring the Dissimilarity Index with GIS
This activity will take students through the steps of calculating and intepreting the Dissimilarity Index using GIS with the ArcMap software application.
Exploring the Dissimilarity Index with GIS - Instructor's Guide
The Dissimilarity Index is a wll-known measure of racial segregation. This activity will lead students through the steps of caluclating the index and interpreting the results using GIS with the ArcMap software application.
This documents contains the instructors guide to the "Exploring the Dissimilarity Index with GIS" activity.
- Information about the scope and content of the activity
- Directions for using the Data Preparation Module and Activity Module
- Recommended readings
- Activity Questions
GIS Project Preparation Module
This section contains directions and data for the data preparation module.
This sectionwill show students how to:
- Set up file connections
- Create a geodatabase
- Imoprting data
- Assinign projections
- Joining attribute and spatial data.
Exploring the Dissimilarity Index with GIS Activity for ArcMap
This Section contains the Exploring the Dissimilarity Index with GIS Activity for ArcMap instructions for students and the geodatabase.
Students will earn how to :
- Calculate the Dissimilarity Index
- Compare and Interprest Results